Wood flooring is the most abundantly renewable flooring material available. The trees used to make wood floors are produced in a factory called a forest by a renewable source of energy called the sun. Sustainable forest management makes it possible to harvest wood without any serious impact on the environment, because trees are a renewable resource that can be replaced time and time again.
Check out the environmental facts about wood floors:
- Average annual net growth for hardwoods is greater than average annual removals (Source: US Department of Agriculture Forest Service)
- Indoor air quality if better with wood floors (Source: US Environmental Protection Agency)
- Wood is a carbon neutral product that produces oxygen during its growth cycle and stores carbon during its service life (Source: University of Wisconsin Wood Products Program Solid Wood Flooring Life Cycle Analysis)
- Wood floors use less water and energy to produce that other flooring options (Source: University of Wisconsin Wood Products Program Solid Wood Flooring Life Cycle Analysis)
- At the end of its service life, wood flooring can be burned as fuel or recycled (Source: University of Wisconsin Wood Products Program Solid Wood Flooring Life Cycle Analysis)
- Wood floors last hundreds of years, so won’t need to be replaced as often as other flooring options (Source: National Association of Home Builders)
- While it takes most hardwood trees 40-60 years to mature, the inventory planted today won’t be needed for 100-plus years (Source: National Wood Flooring Association)
This traditional hardwood flooring is finished off on site using our new, state-of-the-art dust containment sanding equipment eliminating 90% of the dust and then sealed with a low VOC Enviro Floors coating.
Hardwood floors evoke elegance, charm and style in any setting, whether your style is traditional or contemporary. They accentuate any decor with sophistication, while offering a timeless appeal and a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Hardwood comes in a wide variety of wood species, each showcasing their individual characteristics and grains. With simple maintenance, your hardwood floors will retain their sophistication and beauty for generations.
The advantages of choosing a hardwood floor:
- A naturally hard surface will last for decades.
- Increases the resale value of your home.
- Maintenance is simple and minimal.
- A naturally healthier environment minimizing the effects of dust allergies.
- A versatile floor choice that can add a personal flair of custom patterns, borders or spectacular inlays.
- A natural, eco-friendly floor covering.
- Wood is a renewable and recyclable material.